If you wish to appeal a Discord punishment, you will need to provide your Discord User ID.
Your Discord User ID is an eighteen digit number, and is not the same as your username. You can find your User ID by following the steps below:
- On Discord, go to Settings > Advanced
- Scroll down and make sure that Developer Mode is on
- Exit your settings and type a message in any channel on any server
- Right-click your profile picture and click ‘Copy ID’, as seen below:
Follow these simple steps to find your Discord ID in the desktop application:
- Click the settings gear icon in the bottom left-hand corner of your Discord screen. You will find it next to your username, logo, and chatbox.
- In the tab menu on the left-hand side of the screen, click the advanced tab.
- In the advanced settings menu, make sure the developer mode setting is turned on. You’ll know it’s turned on when it changes color to green and shows a tick icon.
- Once developer mode is turned on, return to any discord server and right-click on your username. At the bottom of the menu that appears, you’ll see the copy id button. Click this button and your ID will be copied to your system dashboard. Go into any word editing software and paste your ID there to see your identification number.
Finding your Discord ID on a mobile device is simple when you follow these easy steps:
- Open user settings by clicking on your profile picture in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- Scroll down in the user settings and click on the behavior tab.
- In the chat behavior section of the behavior menu, turn on developer mode. You’ll know it’s on when it turns purple and the switch goes to the right.
- Go to any server that you are a member of or own and swipe right to open up the member’s list.
- Tap on your username and scroll down the profile menu. At the bottom of the menu, you’ll see the developer mode subheading. Tap on copy ID and your ID will be copied to your phone’s clipboard. You can now paste it into any chatbox or word processing application to use it elsewhere.