- Visit https://top.gg/. This is a search engine and bot promotion site where you’ll find a variety of bots meant for different purposes.
- Click on the bot you want to view.
- If it suits your needs, press on the button named “Invite”.
- You will be redirected to a page that asks you to authorize your account. This is safe so don’t be hesitant to do so.
- Click on the bar that has “Select a server” inside it.
- Press on the server you want the bot to be in.
- Click on “Continue”. The bot should have entered your server by now.
- Go to your server and click the three vertically placed dots you see on the right of the server name.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Scroll down and click on “Roles”.
- Click the plus sign on the bottom right of the page.
- Name the role “moderators”, “mods” or whatever you want.
- Scroll and see which permissions you want the mods in your server to have. You might want to give them permissions to only manage messages and mute members if you want an Admin role that would have higher permissions like kicking and banning members.
- After you’re done, click on the save icon that is in the same place (bottom right) that the plus sign was previously.
- Then find the members you want to make mods in the member’s list and click “Manage User”.
- Scroll down to the role you just made and click on it.
- The box beside the role name will fill itself with a check mark and that’s how you’ll know that you’ve assigned the mod role to the person.
Pro tip: Be sure to press and hold the mod role and place it above the members role, not below. Just like that, place the Owner role and Admin role (Owner higher than Admin) above any other roles. Basically if someone has a role that is placed above another role then they can edit that role that’s placed below them. Messy role placement is dangerous so please be careful.
Adding mods and bots to Discord is a simple process that can help you customize your chat experience and enhance your interactions with friends. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- 1. Open Discord and click on the ‘Mods’ button in the main menu.
- 2. Select the ‘Add New Mod’ button and enter the following information: Name, Description, and Channel.
- 3. Click on the ‘Create Mod’ button to add your mod to the list of mods.
- 4. Click on the ‘Bots’ button in the main menu and select the ‘Add New Bot’ button.
- 5. Enter the following information: Name, Description, What Commands It Can Execute, and Channel.
- 6. Click on the ‘Create Bot’ button to add your bot to the list of bots.